Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Lunch at the Lodge







On Monday of this week, Ray, Beth, Stephen, Sage and I decided we needed a little get away. So, away we went to Portage Glacier Lodge. Thanks to Mom and Dad, Portage has become a place of rejuvenation for all of us in the winter time. The owners, Marilyn and Geri, are so welcoming. The food is fabulous and the fire burning in the fireplace makes you feel all warm and cozy inside. The gift shop is always fun to check out too. So, we ordered our lunch. Ray went to pay and Geri said the lunch was on them. What a great surprise! After they served us lunch, Marilyn and Geri came and sat at our table and visited with us for a while. Business is slow in the winter, so it's nice for them to enjoy some breathing room. Marilyn got to be a Grandma proxy for the day. Stephen warmed up to her pretty quickly. She even gave him a cute little baby bear from the gift shop. Another surprise. It was so nice to have someone do such nice things for us. It made me realize again how much it means to people when you do a good deed daily. It truly lifted my spirit. We all felt rejuvenated on the drive back. So, if you haven't given something to someone today (and it can be just a smile or a phone call), please do it! It will bring sunshine to their soul!

The pictures show us inside the lodge with Marilyn, Geri and aunt Beppy.

More pictures of the "new baby" will be coming next week. I have a sonogram scheduled on Jan. 30. So, I'll give you another peek-a-boo then. : )

Hugs,
Kary

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kary!

Was fun catching up with you a little on your page. Cute pictures. I, too, love Portage. I have a lot of memories there from my mission and after my mission. Made me miss AK. I was hoping to make it up this summer...but who knows. Had my appt. with the hand specialist and am now just waiting to hear back from them on when my MRI will be. Hopefully sooner than later. Had some new business ideas come to me. All I can say is I'm grateful for the Spirit and that Heavenly Father ROCKS!

Keep smiling and remember you're loved!

Create yourself a fabulous week!

Love you much,
Tess

Cheryl said...

Hello my friend!

Yesterday it was my assignment to give the thought at a staff meeting at the school. I chose a story about good customer service inspired by Jonny, the bagger. (not your typical message for a school, but hey, there are a lot of similarities between good customer service and building kids up!) Anyway, I was scurrying around getting ready so that I could be at the school wide eyed and bushy tailed at 8:00am (I had worked in Spokane the day before and went straight to Sweet Adelines and didn't get home until almost 11pm) when I felt impressed to check my e-mail. I brushed it off but the prompting came again so I relented and took the time to check it. There wasn't anything interesting in there and as I stood to run back upstairs, I had a thought to look at my blog. I did so and as soon as it loaded I saw the link to your blog and felt prompted to go check it out really quick. When I read your most recent post, I knew why I had received the prompting. Your words were the perfect ending to my thought for the school!!

Thank you for sharing your fun experience and for your your challenge to so something for someone to make their day! You're amazing!

Lots of love!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Tess and Cheryl! Thanks for sharing your inspiring thoughts. I will keep smiling because of friends like you. I was telling a friend of mine about my smiley face attack a few years back and we're going to go do it to a sister who needs a pick me up next week. So, we're all smiles. Thanks for the fabulous idea Tessa.
So Cheryl, are you still being a sunshine sister? We are doing 'sunshine baskets' in our RS for sisters that are homebound (unable to attend church)...I know very well how that feels to be one of those sisters. When I was so sick, I fought hard to get to church, but the Spirit would tell me to be patient and rest....it was truly a battle. Remember that one Sunday night you showed up and brought Sunshine? sunflower basket, mug, etc???? I had had one of those down days (tired of being sick and tired) and Heavenly Father sent a sunshine sister my way....thank you for remembering me. It's so great to have forever friends.
Love you guys/gals!

hugs & smiles,
Kary

Cheryl said...

Sunshine Sisters Rock!! I am still one at heart, but haven't been one of action. I really need to get doing something. It is harder when you are the group. I am coming to realize that a group of one can still make a difference! I am going to keep an eye out for someone who needs a little sunshine and this week I will be the one doing the shining!! I actually just realized who it will be. The secretary at the school has been a little down lately.

Keep the sunshine shining!!

Lots of love!!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, Portage! It has been a long time. I always loved their big nasty hamburgers, way back when.

Stephen looks a little concerned about being held by someone he does not know. I think we both better start showing the babies pictures of Grandma and Grandpa!!

lots of love!
Mari

Cheryl said...

I thought the same thing about Stephen looking kind of concerned, but if you look at the picture of him and Beth, he has the same look!

He is so adorable!! I wish that I could snuggle him!

So, how's Mom and Dad doing? I haven't heard anything for awhile.

Lots of love!!

Cheryl