So, the attempt to potty train Stephen has begun. I consider myself a very casual potty trainer. I did it pretty consistently for the first week and now it's once or twice a day (when I remember) When I ask Stephen if he needs to use the potty...he always say: "no, dry.": ) We've had 4 victories of him actually going potty in the potty and you should see me dance and sing as we celebrate and the M&M's come out to congratulate his success. How truly sweet it is.The picture below shows how he feels about this whole potty business. : )


Last week, at library class, the teacher taught us about Dr. Suess and had the kids make their 'cat in the hat' hats. Stephen loves his hat. When I caught him reading by Grandma the other day with his hat on, I had to capture a quick picture. I love to see kids reading early. The lei is from our Aloha party we had at the house a few weeks ago to welcome in Spring Break. We had to pretend we took a trip to Hawaii and it was a great adventure w/ slap dancing and a little hula now and then. Ray even lit the Tiki torches in the yard. We did a lot of decorating too. I tried posting pics of that earlier last week, but there was an error, so I'll try again later.

Stephen taking his horsie for a ride. So serious, isn't he? He's focused on crossing the finish line.

"I love my "cat in the cat" hat." That's what Stephen calls it. I just love that little boy. It's the simple things in life that bring him the most joy.

"What's for snack Mom?" How about some green eggs and ham?
May we all become like little children and enjoy the simple things of life.
Smiles,
Kary
3 comments:
I LOVE Stephen's Cat in the Cat hat too! He is adorable!! What a fun time! You are such an awesome mother, my friend!!
These are such great pictures! I love looking at your blog and seeing those angelic faces. . . Miss you!
Nancy
Yea for pee-pee on the potty! It is such a joy when you can say bye-bye to the diapers (and the diaper bill!) :-) Good luck Stephen! Ready . . . aim . . .
Love ya,
Mari
Post a Comment