Monday, February 6, 2012

Warmer weather

Due to the heat wave we are experiencing in Wasilla, the kids have been able to get outside and play in the snow. The temperatures are soaring higher. We even reached 30° yesterday. That is 60° warmer than the prior Saturday. It is amazing how you adapt to your environment; however, we do prefer that our eyelashes don't freeze together when we step outside. We love playing in the snow. We had 11 more inches of snow last week. As I look at the sparkling white, I feel as if the earth has been cleansed. It is so beautiful. The days are getting longer. The sun stayed up past 6pm last night. Spring is on it's way. Stephen standing on the snow hill by the back deck. This hill has been created by snow shoveled off the deck.
Stephen and McKinley relaxing in the front yard.

Stephen looking up from the snow hill in the back yard.

McKinley getting a ride in the shovel. I feel like an Iditarod sled dog when I pull her.

Stephen digging for buried treasure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun. Glad it is getting warmer. See you soon,

Love, Mom